Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This wiring harness is for a 2 humbucker Stratocaster. It features 500k volume & tone controls (the correct values for humbuckers), .022mfd value caps (the correct values for humbuckers), a 3-way switch rather than the standard Strat 5-way.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black – $10 upgrade
- gold – $10 upgrade
- “Pure Tone” premium output jack – $6 upgrade
AVAILABLE CAPACITOR UPGRADES:
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $6 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitors (2), $8 upgrade
- Centralab “White” mylar-in-oil capacitors (2), $26 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $28 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors, $28 upgrade
- P1 – bridge humbucker only
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker pickups
- P3 – neck humbucker only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- 2 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone controls, 500k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!