Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This wiring harness is for a 2 humbucker Stratocaster. It features 1 – 500k volume & 1 – tone pot. Both are push/pull and are wired to split the humbuckers independently of each other. This features a .022mfd value cap (the correct value for humbuckers), and a 3-way lever style switch.
With the push/pull pots in the “DOWN” position, your 2 humbuckers function as full humbuckers. With the push/pull pots in the “UP” position, your humbuckers function as single coils. They are independently splittable. The neck is split to the north coil and the bridge is split to the south coil. If you have both pots in the “UP” position and the switch in P2, the 2 split-to-single-coils are hum canceling.
You MUST have 4 or 5 wire humbuckers that are splittable to use this harness! It will not work correctly with 2-wire humbuckers.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- black (optional)
- gold (optional)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel”” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
SWITCHING POSITIONS (with the tone pots DOWN):
- P1 – bridge humbucker only
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker pickups
- P3 – neck humbucker only
SWITCHING POSITIONS (with the push/pull pots UP):
- P1 – bridge humbucker split to single coil (south coil)
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker both split to single coils
- P3 – neck humbucker split to single coil (north coil)
- 2 Bourns or Alpha brand push/pull tone controls, 500k value
- 1 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!