Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This wiring harness is for a 2 humbucker Stratocaster. It features 500k volume pots & 500k push/pull tone controls (the correct values for humbuckers), .022mfd value caps (the correct values for humbuckers), a 3-way switch rather than the standard Strat 5-way.
With the push/pull tone pots in the “DOWN” position, your 2 humbuckers function as full humbuckers. With the push/pull tone pots in the “UP” position, your humbuckers function as single coils. They are independently splittable.
You MUST have 4 or 5 wire humbuckers that are splittable to use this harness! It will not work correctly with 2-wire humbuckers.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $6 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitors (2), $8 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $24 upgrade
- Emerson Custom Premium paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $48 upgrade
SWITCHING POSITIONS (with the tone pots DOWN):
- P1 – bridge humbucker only
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker pickups
- P3 – neck humbucker only
SWITCHING POSITIONS (with the tone pots UP):
- P1 – bridge humbucker split to single coil
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker both split to single coils
- P3 – neck humbucker split to single coil
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- 2 Bourns or Alpha brand push/pull tone controls, 500k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!