Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 20 years and we love what we do!
This is a Stratocaster wiring solution built with high quality parts and crafted by hand. This wiring harness will give you great service for years! We only use the highest quality parts for our wiring harnesses.
This wiring harness is for a 2 humbucker Stratocaster. It features 500k volume pots & 500k push/pull tone controls (the correct values for humbuckers), .022mfd value caps (the correct values for humbuckers), a CRL 3-way switch rather than the standard Strat 5-way.
With the push/pull tone pots in the “DOWN” position, your 2 humbuckers function as full humbuckers. With the push/pull tone pots in the “UP” position, your humbuckers function as single coils. They are independently splittable.
You MUST have 4 or 5 wire humbuckers that are splittable to use this harness! It will not work correctly with 2-wire humbuckers.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers, & switch mounting screws)
- chrome (standard)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors (2), as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitors (2), $4 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Taihan “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $16 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitors, $22 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent paper-in-oil capacitors (2), $40 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
SWITCHING POSITIONS (with the tone pots DOWN):
- P1 – neck humbucker only
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker pickups
- P3 – bridge humbucker only
SWITCHING POSITIONS (with the tone pots UP):
- P1 – neck humbucker split to single coil
- P2 – neck & bridge humbucker both split to single coils
- P3 – bridge humbucker split to single coil
- 1 CTS brand volume control, 500k value, audio taper
- 2 Bourns or Alpha brand push/pull tone controls, 500k value, linear taper
- 2 Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitors, .022mfd value
- CRL brand 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy to follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you. There are a lot of variables (pickup brands & types, shielding, grounding, etc.) and your local guitar tech is well equipped to solve any installation problems you might have and get your guitar sounding it’s best!