Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele “SUPER” mod is a great wiring harness for a 2 humbucker Tele! It’s pickup-splitting Heaven! It also includes a treble bleed modification to help release some of those delicious humbucker highs at lower pot volumes.
This Hoagland Custom “SUPER1” Tele wiring harness splits both of your Tele pickups.
You must have 2 splittable humbuckers (either 4 or 5 wires) to use this Telecaster wiring harness.
Our Hoagland Custom Tele SUPER1 wiring harness uses a 5-way “Super Switch”. One note: “SUPER” switches are fairly wide and MAY require that you slightly rout your electronics cavity for them to fit.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome (available at slight additional cost)
- nickel (available at slight additional cost)
- black (available at slight additional cost)
- gold (available at slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $12 upgrade
- P1 – bridge humbucker, full on
- P2 – bridge humbucker, split to inner coil only
- P3 – neck & bridge humbuckers, full on
- P4 – neck humbucker, split to inner coil only
- P5 – neck humbucker, full on
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 500k value, short-shaft, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 500k value, short-shaft, linear taper
- treble bleed mod to allow the highs to pass to your signal at lower volumes
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 5-way lever style, twin pole “Super” switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.