Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele “SUPER” mod is a great wiring harness for a 2 humbucker Tele! It’s pickup-splitting Heaven! It also includes a treble bleed modification to help release some of those delicious humbucker highs at lower pot volumes.
This harness splits both humbuckers individually using a push/pull volume & a push/pull tone control.
A Push/Push volume and tone control pot is available for right-handed harnesses only.
You MUST have 2 splittable humbuckers (either 4 or 5 wires) to use this harness.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome (available at slight additional cost)
- nickel (available at slight additional cost)
- black (available at slight additional cost)
- gold (available at slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO Hi-Res Sonically Transparent cap, $20 upgrade
- P1 – bridge humbucker, full on (push/pull in the “DOWN” position)
- P2 – neck & bridge humbuckers, full on (push/pull in the “DOWN” position)
- P3 – neck humbucker, full on (push/pull in the “DOWN” position)
- P1 – bridge humbucker, split to single coil only (push/pull in the “UP” position)
- P2 – neck & bridge humbuckers, split to single coils only (push/pull in the “UP” position)
- P3 – neck humbucker, split to single coil only (push/pull in the “UP” position)
- 2 Alpha or Bourns push/pull volume & tone controls, 500k value, linear taper (push/push pots are also available as an option)
- treble bleed mod to allow the highs to pass to your signal at lower volumes
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, some are more complex than others and we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.