Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele “SUPER” mod is a great wiring harness for a 2 humbucker Tele! It’s pickup-splitting Heaven! It also includes a treble bleed modification to help release some of those delicious humbucker highs at lower pot volumes.
You must have 2 splittable humbuckers (4 or 5 wires) to use this wiring harness.
Our Hoagland Custom Tele SUPER4 wiring harness uses a 5-way “Super Switch”. One note: “SUPER” switches are fairly wide and MAY require that you slightly rout your electronics cavity for them to fit.
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome (available at slight additional cost)
- nickel (available at slight additional cost)
- black (available at slight additional cost)
- gold (available at slight additional cost)
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO Hi-Res Sonically Transparent cap, $20 upgrade
- P1 – bridge, full humbucker, in-series
- P2 – bridge, split to south single coil
- P3 – bridge south coil & neck north coil
- P4 – neck, split to south single coil
- P5 – neck, full humbucker, in-series
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control pot, 500k, short-shaft, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control pot, 500k, short-shaft, linear taper
- treble bleed mod to allow the highs to pass to your signal at lower volumes
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 5-way lever style, twin pole “Super” switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, some are more complex than others and we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.