Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years…
& we love what we do!
If you are like me and you play a Tele, you LOVE the raw Tele pickup tone that it cranks out. And I never dial in my tone control on my neck pickup. NEVER. It already sounds kinda dead and blah. The bridge is to die for but the neck?? Hardly use it. But… I’d like to if it just sounded better.
So, there are 2 or 3 ways to squeeze more highs out of that dead sounding Tele neck pup and here they are:
- Remove the neck pickup cover. It shields the pickup and bleeds WAY too many of the highs to ground.
- Use 1meg pots. This will make your neck pup sound great but it will make your bridge sound really thin and ice-picky. Not a good solution.
- Swap that full neck pickup cover for an “open” cover… one that does not hide the magnets. That helps a lot but you pretty much have to get it done in a guitar shop so you don’t risk breaking one of those hair-thin coil wires.
- Use this wiring harness.
This “No Neck Tone” HOAGLAND CUSTOM wiring harness unleashes the highs from your neck pickup. Your neck pickup already sounds dark and you never roll in the tone on it. That would make it WORSE.
This “NNT” wiring harness removes the load of the tone pot on the neck pickup helping to unleash it. You’ll get slightly more power out of it and much better tone!
HARDWARE: (incl. dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- chrome washers, nuts & mounting screws
- optional “Pure Tone” premium mono output jack
- We have a great selection of control plates for this harness here on our website!
- P1 – bridge pickup with full volume & tone control
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups w/volume control for both pickups & tone control only for the bridge pickup
- P3 – neck pickup w/only volume control (no tone control)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k, audio taper, short-shaft
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k, linear taper, short-shaft
- High quality 3-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
- right-handed or left-handed
- treble bleed mod to allow more highs to pass to your signal at lower volumes
- standard or reverse-wired
- choice of 2 quality output jacks
- silver, black, or gold hardware
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.