Hoagland Custom is a guitar custom shop located in Fernandina Beach, Florida. We are a DIY based shop, that is, we carry a TON of parts and tools for the do-it-yourselfer.
This is a complete Telecaster “All The Toys” 1 push/pull volume, 1 tone control, 4-way lever switch wiring harness kit. It includes everything that you need (aside from the soldering gun) to build a very high quality “All The Toys” wiring harness for your Tele or other 1 volume, 1 tone control guitar.
- 1 – 250k Bourns push/pull audio taper, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm) volume control
- 1 – 250k CTS or Bourns Pro Series linear taper, short-shaft (3/8″ or 9mm) tone control
- 1 – .047 value Sprague “Orange Drop” capacitor
- 1 – 4-way lever style switch
- 1 Switchcraft output jack
- 3′ of vintage style, cloth-covered wire (18″ each of black and white)
- 4′ of colored wire (12″ each of green, red, white, & black)
- a detailed, easy to understand wiring diagram (not a technical sheet)
- a generous amount of solder
- optional chrome control plate, mounting screws, dress washers & nuts
- optional black control plate & mounting screws, dress washers & nuts
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws, dress washers & nuts
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws, dress washers & nuts
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 ea. upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their good tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 ea., upgrade
- Vitamin “T” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 ea. upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitor, $20 ea. upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
SWITCHING POSITIONS WITH THIS WIRING HARNESS:
- P1 – Bridge pickup only
- P2 – Bridge & neck, in-parallel (normal Tele tones)
- P3 – Neck pickup only
- P4 – Bridge & neck, in-series (about 15% more power and better tone!)
While all of our pickup & wiring solutions & kits are built to be installed rather easily by most do-it-yourselfers, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install them for you.
This “All The Toys” Tele style wiring harness does NOT include the control plate. (available separately)
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding these handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.