Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has been building high quality guitar pickups and wiring harnesses for over 25 years… & we love what we do!
This is a custom, handcrafted loaded Telecaster electronics package just chock full of the BEST COMPONENTS!
We have paired our handcrafted “ULTIMATE TWANG” Telecaster 4-way switching wiring harness with our “Brad Paisley” set of custom-wound pickups and your choice of pickguards & knob colors for an AMAZING PACKAGE!
This LOADED TELE PICKGUARD PACKAGE pairs your choice of pickguards, a set of pickups, knobs, and all new wiring in a single, easy-to-install package!
“ULTIMATE TWANG” WIRING HARNESS DETAILS:
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 1meg value, linear taper
- high quality Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, .047mfd value
- treble bleed modification
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Control plate (chrome, black, gold, or nickel)
- Dress washers, mounting screws
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
- P1 – neck & bridge pickups, in-series (15% higher output & better tone!)
- P2 – neck only
- P3 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P4 – bridge only
- Your choice of white (5 or 8-hole) or black (5 or 8-hole)
- Pickguard mounting screws
“BRAD PAISLEY” STYLE PICKUP DETAILS
- ~ Neck –wound to 6.3k-6.7k with alnico 5 magnets (no cover)
- ~ Bridge – wound to 6.8k-7.1k with alnico 5 magnets (unplated baseplate included)
- ~ Wax-potted to eliminate squealing & microphonics
- ~ Vintage-style, cloth-covered leads
- ~ Handcrafted with all “Made in the USA” parts (bobbins in North Carolina, magnets in Arkansas, pickup wire in Wisconsin, lead wire in New York)
Patterned after pickups with specs used by Brad Paisley, this set of Tele pickups sounds AMAZING!
The neck pickup is wound to “Twisted Tele” spec and produces more highs and is less muddy than a standard Tele neck pickup. It features a taller coil and a little larger coil wire resulting in a brighter sounding pickup. A lot of reviewers say that it sounds closer to a Strat pickup than a Tele pickup. We suggest that, to get the most sparkle & highs out of the neck pickup, you do not use a cover. A metal neck pickup cover (properly grounded) tends to cut a TON of highs.
The bridge pickup is wound to a lower output than a stock Tele bridge pickup resulting in more sparkle and a cleaner, snappier, brighter, twangier tone than stock.
There are a LOT of things that go into creating or recreating tone. While each item in your signal chain is important, no one item will do the job for you. Pickups, along with the way that your guitar is wired, are probably the most important parts of your signal chain. Changing out the pickups/wiring has the biggest impact on your sound. If you are looking to replicate that bluesy, SRV tone, THIS is where you start.
These pickups are made by hand by Hoagland Custom and are wound specifically for you. They are NOT “off-the-shelf” pickups. They are NOT relabeled imported pickups. We make these in our shop and they are the highest quality pickups you can buy. They are made from 100% american made parts.
While all of our pickup and wiring solutions are made to be installed easily by most do-it-yourself’ers, we always recommend that you have your local guitar professional install them for you. There are a lot of variables that can occur (grounding problems, cold solder joints, etc., etc.) and your local guitar professional is very well versed on the solutions to those issues.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this loaded “ULTIMATE TWANG” Telecaster loaded pickguard.