Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years & we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and a cool extra tone that your standard 3-way Tele does not have.
It is a 4-way “series/parallel switching Telecaster wiring harness BUT…
It has different switching positions than a normal Tele 4-way.
4 switching positions that make more sense than the standard Tele 4-way.
HARDWARE: (included at no additional charge are dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional chrome “slanted switch” control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- optional “Pure Tone” premium output jack
AVAILABLE TONE CAPACITORS:
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly tone capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film tone capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” tone capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Centralab “Royal Blue” mylar-in-oil tone capacitor, $13 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil tone capacitor, $14 upgrade
NEW! SWITCHING POSITIONS:
- P1 – bridge pickup only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15%boost in power and much better tone!)
- P4 – neck pickup only
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, short-shaft, audio taper
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, short-shaft, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!