Hoagland Custom, located in sunny Fernandina Beach, Florida, has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and an EXPANDED TONE CONTROL.
This harness features a Fender brand TBX Control. TBX stands for “Treble Bass EXpander”. It was introduced by Fender in the mid to late ’80’s. Fender’s own description of it is as follows:
“This detented, stacked 250k/1meg control enhances your tonal palette without the use of a battery. From “0” to “5”, the TBX is your standard tone control but, once you pass “5”, you start to decrease the resistance, which allows more bass, treble, and presence and output to flow to your amp.”
Lots of mystery surround this tone control but there’s nothing difficult about it. It gives you a greater range of tone control than a standard pot can give you. More highs. More lows.
This harness also features a 4-way switch for series/parallel switching.
- chrome control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- nickel control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- black control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- gold control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- Included hardware – dress nuts & washers, switch mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $3 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Mallory “Mustard” capacitor, $4 upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $14 upgrade
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- P4 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15%boost in power and much better tone!)
- 1 CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 1 Fender brand TBX tone control, 250k/1meg value
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono output jack
- Gavitt vintage style, cloth covered wire
- Easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- Tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!