Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for 20 years and we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and an EXPANDED TONE CONTROL.
This harness features a Fender brand TBX Control. TBX stands for “Treble Bass EXpander”. It was introduced by Fender in the mid to late ’80’s. Fender’s own description of it is as follows:
“This detented, stacked 250k/1meg control enhances your tonal palette without the use of a battery. From “0” to “5”, the TBX is your standard tone control but, once you pass “5”, you start to decrease the resistance, which allows more bass, treble, and presence and output to flow to your amp.”
Lots of mystery surround this tone control but there’s nothing difficult about it. It gives you a greater range of tone control than a standard pot can give you. More highs. More lows.
This harness also features a 4-way Oak Grigsby switch for series/parallel switching.
- chrome control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- nickel control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- black control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- gold control plate, nuts, washers, mounting screws (available but not included)
- Included hardware – dress nuts & washers, switch mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Taihan “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 upgrade
- Vitamin Q “Black Candy” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent paper-in-oil capacitor, $20 upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15%boost in power and much better tone!)
- P2 – neck only
- P3 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P4 – bridge only
- 1 CTS volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- 1 Fender brand TBX tone control, 250k/1meg values
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .022mfd value
- Oak Grigsby 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- easy-to-follow wiring diagram
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!