Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
This Tele wiring harness will give you an additional switch position and a cool extra tone that your standard Tele does not have.
It is a 4-way “series/parallel switching Telecaster wiring harness.
HARDWARE: (included at no additional charge are dress nuts & washers and switch mounting screws)
- optional chrome control plate & mounting screws
- optional black control plate & mounting screws
- optional gold control plate & mounting screws
- optional nickel control plate & mounting screws
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, as standard & no additional cost
- MojoTone Dijon Premium Foil/Film capacitor, $2 ea. upgrade (From the manufacturer: “Mojotone Dijon capacitors are high quality foil/film capacitors made to our exact specification. We like to call them musical capacitors because of their great tone and transparency.”)
- Tai Han “Black Bee” paper-in-oil capacitor, $8 ea., upgrade
- Vitamin T “Silver Barrel” paper-in-oil capacitor, $11 ea. upgrade
- Auricap XO “Hi-Res” Sonically Transparent capacitor, $20 ea. upgrade. (From the manufacturer: “Auricap XO capacitors feature high-end engineering for unprecedented quality. Each 21 gauge lead contains 19-strands, and each strand is continuously cast in a vacuum, resulting in only 1 crystal barrier per foot (as opposed to the thousands in standard wire). The lead is then cryogenically treated and wrapped in red cross-linked polyethylene, resulting in permanently superior wire construction, throughput, and quality.”)
- P1 – bridge only
- P2 – neck & bridge pickups, in-parallel (normal Tele tone)
- P3 – neck only
- P4 – neck & bridge, in-series (a 15%boost in power and much better tone!)
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series volume control, 250k value, audio taper
- CTS or Bourns Pro Series tone control, 250k value, linear taper
- Sprague “Orange Drop” poly capacitor, .047mfd value
- 4-way lever style switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- vintage style, cloth covered wire
- tech support phone & email
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, every guitar is different. We always recommend that you have a professional guitar technician at your local guitar shop install it for you. They are experienced troubleshooters and are equipped to get the best from your setup!