Hoagland Custom has specialized in custom guitar wiring and pickup making for over 25 years and we love what we do!
THIS LISTING IS FOR THE 12MM POCO LATCHING KILL SWITCH – LED LIGHTED
- Type: Latching Push Button Switch
- Operation Type: Normally Open (yes, this is correct for instrument kill switch operation.)
- Housing Material: Plated Brass
- Mounting hole Size: 12mm
- Mounting Panel Thickness: 1mm-6mm
- Operation Pressure: about 5n
- Operation Stroke: 2.5mm
- LED Rated Voltage: 6V (includes wires to use with 9V battery and additional resistors in case you want to get creative with the wiring)
- LED Life: About 40,000 hours
- LED Power Draw: 15mA
- Contact Resistance: 50 mOhm
- Mechanical Life: 500,000 cycles
- Switch Rating: 2A/36VDC
What does all this mean? You’re getting a tough switch that will last a long time in your instrument and look good doing it!
The switch is easy to install. If you have the slightest bit of skill with a soldering iron you can do it yourself. If you do not have that skill, you should have a guitar repair person do it. The mounting hole is slightly larger than a standard volume or tone pot (12MM vs. 9MM) which means that if you decide to go back to your original setup, you don’t have to buy a new pickguard or repair that hole in your wood.
This package comes with everything:
- (1) Tesi POCO 12mm Latching Guitar Kill Switch
- (1) Tesi Quick-Connect wiring Bundle that includes: (1) 8″ Black/Black ground wire, (1) 8″ Black/White hot wire, (1) 8″ White/Red Power wire with resistor, (1) 8″ 9V Battery Harness with resistor, (1) On/Off Rocker Switch, & (2) Spare 270 Ohm resistors for custom wiring jobs
When used with active pickups and/or a stereo output jack (not included) the Tesi POCO does not require the additional on/off rocker switch.
Each Tesi Guitar Kill Switch is guaranteed against defect for one year from the date of sale. Contact us for more details.
The Tesi Switch Difference:
We test every switch before packaging it. As a result, the failure rate is less than 1%.
If something does go wrong, our switches have a 1-Year Guarantee against defect or failure.
While all of our wiring solutions are built to be installed rather easily, we always recommend that you have a guitar professional at your local guitar shop install it for you.
Contact Hoagland Custom with any questions regarding this wiring solution, our custom, handcrafted Hoagland Custom pickups, or any other guitar wiring solution that you might need.